Dear Parents and Students:
Welcome to Technology!
In this class we will explore the role technology plays in our lives. I am looking forward to an exciting year filled with projects that will challenge students to think and create real life solutions to technological problems. Some of the goals of this class are to:
· Examine the history of technology
· Identify changes in technology throughout the ages
· Develop the skills necessary to work cooperatively
· Employ the use of tools, machinery, and computers to solve problems
· Combine knowledge of mathematics, science, and technology to determine and create appropriate solutions for classroom projects
· Develop the skills to analyze solutions and their implications
In order to be successful you
will need IN
· PEN , PENCIL AND ERASER
· NOTEBOOK AND FOLDER (OR A LOOSELEAF BINDER)
· YOUR AGENDA BOOK
Your grade is based on the following:
Individual and cooperative learning projects will make up 60% of your grade.
Tests and class participation will make up 40% of your grade.
Quizzes and homework will be counted as one test grade per marking period.
· Homework is due the next class meeting.
· You are responsible for all late / missing assignments due to absences. Late or missing assignments will be accepted the following class meeting.
· Extra help is available on request